Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Monday 1 February 2016

Song of the Day: "Romeo"

Dolly Parton (Featuring: Billy Ray Cyrus, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Pam Tillis, Kathy Mattea and Tanya Tucker)- "Romeo"

Year: 1993

Found on Album: Slow Dancing With The Moon

"Romeo" was one of three singles (and the highest charting single) to be released from Dolly Parton's album Slow Dancing With The Moon. This will FOREVER be one of my favorite country songs and videos which my brother and I used to dance around the living room to as kids (although he probably wouldn't admit it). My parents recorded the music video on VHS and we watched it on repeat trying to copy all the dance moves. This song became a childhood staple for me and really a launching pad into my love for the country music genre. 



For more Dolly Parton, follow her on Twitter @DollyParton
For more Billy Ray Cyrus, follow him on Twitter @billyraycyrus

Want your song and video featured in a future Song of the Day post? Tweet me @popculturedlife 

No comments:

Post a Comment