Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Friday 17 June 2016

Speechless- First Impressions & After Trailer Thoughts

I'm doing something different this year for the Fall TV Pilots 2016. Here I will do an individual series and include my First Impressions along with my After Trailer Thoughts and finally will conclude with the Premiere Review in the fall.


Speechless (ABC- Comedy)

First Impressions (based on concept):
I'm in the middle on this series because it could go two different ways: 1) The viewers don't want to watch a comedy about a child with special needs. Fox released a series titled Red Band Society for the 2014-2015 TV season which was based on sick children in a hospital and it got cancelled. Not because it didn't have heart or it wasn't excellent (because it was) but because that's not something people want to watch on TV. 2) The series is well done and becomes one of the best feel good TV series of the season. I'm leaning much more towards #1 happening but either way I will be happy to see Kyla Kennedy again, as she was fantastic as one of the youngsters in The Walking Dead.
How Excited Am I? 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest): 5


After Trailer Thoughts:
In my First Impressions I gave this series the option of going two different ways and after watching the trailer, it looks like they are going with the second option. I'm excited to see Kyla Kennedy (The Walking Dead) and Mason Cook (The Goldbergs) as two of the three main kids, John Ross Bowie (The Big Bang Theory) as the dad and Cedric Yarbrough (The Goldbergs) as JJ's "voice". This series looked smart, funny and I fully believe that if it has half as much charm as the trailer, it could be the feel good series of fall.
How Excited Am I? 1 (lowest) - 10 (highest): Rises to a 6

How Long Will It Last? It's harder to say how the viewers will react to this series but if it's able to make it through it's first season, I'd say it could make it to 3 full seasons.

Episode 1- Pilot Review
Check back in the fall!



**Follow me on Twitter @popculturedlife for all my Fall TV First Impressions & After Trailer Thoughts**

No comments:

Post a Comment