Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Monday 20 July 2015

Charli XCX- "Sucker" CD Review

Charli XCX- "Sucker" 

"I don't wanna go to school
I just wanna break the rules
Boys and girls across the world
Putting on our dancing shoes"
- "Break The Rules"

Year: 2014

# of Songs: 13

Favourite Songs:
- "Break The Rules"
- "London Queen"
- "Boom Clap"

Least Favourite Songs:
- "Sucker"

Overall:
I was pleasantly surprised by just how much I enjoyed this album which I thought sounded so much like Icona Pop's "I Love It" (which I later found out also features Charli XCX so that's why). It's very electropop which I tend to like more when it's British mainly because there are more words than American electropop which tends to repeat the same sentence over and over. Although it may repeat here, there is at least verses and choruses to repeat as opposed to just a sentence or two. Plus the album cover is just as bold as the beat. Can't wait to see what this girl comes up with next!


77% (Good)

**Check back every Monday for another CD review and follow me on Twitter @popculturedlife for celebrity autographs and much more**

No comments:

Post a Comment