Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Wednesday 23 September 2015

TV Opening Sequences: My Two Dads

My Two Dads (1987-1990)

Originality: 1/5
Even though the series is based on having two dads instead of one, this intro looks like like EVERY OTHER sitcom opening out there and having the first 30 seconds be an explanation of the plot, doesn't help it's case.

Theme Song: 3/5
I do enjoy the intro song, once it get's to the song I mean. It's nothing special but I think it fits the show.

Informative: 3/5
This intro makes me want to scream TMI! Usually intros don't give enough information whereas this intro gives too much information which I wouldn't mind for the series opener episode. But to have the 30 second talking introduction explaining what it going on at the beginning of every episode makes it lame and feel like they are talking down to the audience who couldn't figure the plot out for themselves. This intro was exactly why the skip button was invented.


Overall Score: 47%

**Follow me on Twitter @popculturedlife for more*

No comments:

Post a Comment