Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Friday 26 August 2016

The Great Indoors- First Impressions & After Trailer Thoughts

I'm doing something different this year for the Fall TV Pilots 2016. Here I will do an individual series and include my First Impressions along with my After Trailer Thoughts and finally will conclude with the Premiere Review in the fall.
The Great Indoors (CBS- Comedy)

First Impressions (based on concept):
For me (being a millennial), I think this could be a fantastic series if it's done right and avoids all those stereotypes people like to give us (like that we are lazy, or that we have a "sense of entitlement"). With Joel McHale leading this series I think it has definite promise. And unlike a lot of new series this days, I LOVE this fitting title being that Joel McHale's character is "an adventure reporter who must adapt to the times when he becomes the boss to a group of millennials". He likes the outdoors and the older generation are convinced that we "never go outside" so if the series is half as brilliant as the title, it's a done deal.
How Excited Am I? (1- Lowest to 10- Highest): 8


After Trailer Thoughts:
Interestingly enough, this series picks on every single stereotype about millennials but even more interestingly, I still found it funny. Joel McHale is perfect in the "older" but not "old" generational starring role and I think he's still young enough that it connects with the younger group. Either way, the trailer was funny and I look forward to watching this series.
How Excited Am I? (1- Lowest to 10-Highest)? Down slightly to 7.
How Long Will This Series Last? It's really going to depend on how many millennials will tune in and stay tuned in despite the stereotypical jokes about our generation. Most of the viewers will probably be Community fans.


Episode 1- Pilot Review
Check back in the fall!



**Follow me on Twitter @popculturedlife for all my Fall TV First Impressions & After Trailer Thoughts**

No comments:

Post a Comment