Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Wednesday 15 June 2016

Son Of Zorn- First Impressions & After Trailer Thoughts

I'm doing something different this year for the Fall TV Pilots 2016. Here I will do an individual series and include my First Impressions along with my After Trailer Thoughts and finally will conclude with the Premiere Review in the fall.

Son Of Zorn (FOX- Comedy)

First Impressions (based on concept):
This series which features "an animated Barbarian father find that reconnecting with his live-action son and ex-wife while suffering a mundane office job and the banality of surburan life is harder than waging actual war in his distance, animated world" intrigues me because it will mix the live action ex-wife and son with an animated father. I honestly think FOX of any network could pull off this seemingly odd concept because they've had so much success with their animation series. The question is, will viewers stick around and watch this series or will it just be an initially high rated gimmick?
How Excited Am I? 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest): 4


After Trailer Thoughts:
What the hell did I just watch? It's like pairing Peter Griffin from Family Guy with Clare Dunphy from Modern Family and trying to work both sets of humour into the show. This series is gimmicky without the humour which is a terrible and fatal combination. The fake series I had playing in my head after reading the concept was much better than this one.
How Excited Am I? 1 (lowest) - 10 (highest): Drops all the way down to a 1
How Long Will It Last? It's all based on a gimmick and I don't see it working out longer than one season.


Episode 1- Pilot Review
Check back in the fall!



**Follow me on Twitter @popculturedlife for all my Fall TV First Impressions & After Trailer Thoughts**

No comments:

Post a Comment