Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Wednesday 25 March 2015

TV Opening Sequences: The Jetsons


The Jetsons (1962-1963)

Originality: 5/5
Plain and simple, it was perfect to set the cartoon in the future. The fact that everyone is riding in spaceships (which can send out separate people pods), they have places like High School and Shopping malls along with electric pedways just puts so many original ideas into one place. Plus I have always loved how George could make his spaceship into a briefcase. I need one of those!

Theme Song: 4/5
I liked this song as a kid as much as I like it as an adult. Though simple, it's introduction of the characters into the song makes it easy to remember who's who and fun to sing along with.

Informative: 5/5
From watching this intro you know all the characters and how they are related, the fact that they are living in the space era and where every character spends their days. That's quite a lot of information to pack into 55 seconds.


Overall Score: 93%

**Check my blog every weekday for something new and follow me on Twitter @popculturedlife for more**

No comments:

Post a Comment