Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Tuesday 25 August 2015

Game Time! Babysitting Rush Game Review

Babysitting Rush (Otherwise now called "Super Babysitter" on iTunes)

Last Updated: 2014

Company: Donna Romeo

# of Levels: I only made it to level 7

Price I Paid: Free

Time Spent Playing: 22 minutes

Story Line: Baby-sit children and keep them happy until their parents return.

Review:
+ Strong concept for a time management game.
+ Tutorial before each level explains the changes for that level.

- The controls are terrible. She doesn't walk in a straight line but instead has to go around an entire floor carpet and around something else that's invisible in order to get to the child on the carpet nearest to the door.
- The toys on the shelf are too close together and trying to pick one (especially) the car is almost impossible. 
- I'm not sure why but when you program too many future things for her to do she get's confused and either skips things you told her to do or stands there and all the future tasks disappear. 
- There is no NO pause button for this game. There is a "quit game" button instead which I accidentally tapped thinking it was pause and I had to restart the whole level over again.
- Taking the babies from the parents at the beginning of each level ONE BY ONE and then giving them back to the parents at the end of the level ONE BY ONE is ridiculous! 

Overall (Would I recommend it?):
Although this game had a strong concept the execution was terrible. The controls are bad, the baby-sitter doesn't walk properly, it's hard to pick up the toys, she get's very confused and skips tasks, there is no freakin' pause button and the back and forth between the parents is redundant. I kept going as long as I could with this game despite my frustrations but in level 7 the babysitter picks up the wrong child and I can't find anywhere on the carpet to put him down (see picture 3). The carpet is full with other children and any spot that I can find, it doesn't understand when I tap on it so she can put the child down. Needless to say that I lost that level and my patience. I downloaded this game for free but I paid for it with the 22 minutes I invested that I will never get back. 


D

Game Play Tips
- AVOID! (You're welcome)

**Check back every Tuesday for another game review and feel free to tweet me @popculturedlife with any time management games (that I can get from the iTunes App Store) that you would like to see in a future review!**

Previous Game Reviews
- Ada's Shopping Mall

No comments:

Post a Comment