Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Wednesday 29 April 2015

TV Opening Sequences: Pee-Wee's Playhouse

Pee-Wee's Playhouse (1986-1991)

Originality: 5/5
There is NO intro that even comes close to this one. There is so much going on at the same time that you don't even know where to look. Even though 2:27 minutes is way to long, this is 100% pure originality at it's finest.

Theme Song: 5/5
Maybe it's just my nostalgia, but I know every word of this theme song and it's brilliant. The words of this theme song ring true; "It's going to be that kind of morning for being wacky."

Informative: 5/5
It's very strange because you know exactly what type of show you're getting after watching this intro yet you no idea what to be expecting. Not only do you know who the main character (Pee-Wee) is but you also know pretty much EVERY other character that will be shown during the show. 

Overall Score: 100%

PS: If anyone in my life has ever wondered where I get my weirdness from, this is it. This is the reason that I believe the food in my fridge dances when I close the door. This is the reason that I make all inanimate object talk and give them names and personalities. This is the reason that I believe in the impossible, secret words and where I learned that creativity has no limits. Yep, although this show dates itself it's just one of the things in my life that helped shaped me into the slightly weird person I am today.


**Follow me on Twitter @popculturedlife for celebrity autographs and much more**

No comments:

Post a Comment