Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Sunday 26 June 2016

Making History- First Impressions & After Trailer Thoughts

I'm doing something different this year for the Fall TV Pilots 2016. Here I will do an individual series and include my First Impressions along with my After Trailer Thoughts and finally will conclude with the Premiere Review in the fall.


Making History (FOX- Comedy)


First Impressions (based on concept):
In this series featuring Leighton Meester (Gossip Girl"three friends try to balance the adventures of time travel with the mundane concerns of their present lives". This series sounds a lot more like something you would find on the CW or Freeform but it doesn't say FOX network to me. Although I'm a fan of Meester's, I'm just not sold on this concept.
How Excited Am I? 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest): 4


After Trailer Thoughts:
I'd sure like to time travel back to before I watched so many damn fall trailers involving time travel. On the upside, this one is at least trying to be comedic and not taking itself to seriously. On the downside, it fails just at much at being a comedy. It reminds me of ABC's Galavant but without the singing. Clearly FOX doesn't have much hope for this series either as it's a mid-season show.
How Excited Am I? 1 (lowest) - 10 (highest): 4 (It got an extra point for the pop culture references.)
How Long Will It Last? It will be cancelled before season one is over.


Episode 1- Pilot Review
Check back in the fall!



**Follow me on Twitter @popculturedlife for all my Fall TV First Impressions & After Trailer Thoughts**

No comments:

Post a Comment