Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Thursday 1 September 2016

No Tomorrow- First Impressions & After Trailer Thoughts

I'm doing something different this year for the Fall TV Pilots 2016. Here I will do an individual series and include my First Impressions along with my After Trailer Thoughts and finally will conclude with the Premiere Review in the fall.
No Tomorrow (The CW)


First Impressions (based on concept):
The concept reads "when a risk-adverse, straight-arrow, female procurement manager at an Amazon-like distribution center falls in love with a free-wheeling man who lives life to the fullest because he believes the apocalypse is imminent, to comedic and poignant results they embark on a quest together to fullfill their individual bucket lists". For me, this series just doesn't sound all that interesting. I would rather watch a series about an Amazon-like distribution center (something like The Office or Superstore). Although this series doesn't sound like it's for me, this would be the right network for it to blossom.
How Excited Am I? 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest): 4


After Trailer Thoughts:
Well the good news is that this series is on the right network for the generation they are hoping to attract. Although it's kind of a hard to believe premise (and personally if someone I just met kept talking about asteroids and apocalypses, I would just walk the other way) and the main girl just keeps reminding me of Ellie Kemper, I'm just not sure there it will attract enough people, especially the male viewers.

How Excited Am I? (1- Lowest to 10- Highest): 4. Sadly, I'm the age demographic that they are aiming for but it doesn't look as interesting as it looks silly.
How Long Will This Series Last? I don't think it will make it the full first season.


Episode 1- Pilot Review
Check back in the fall!



**Follow me on Twitter @popculturedlife for all my Fall TV First Impressions & After Trailer Thoughts**

No comments:

Post a Comment