Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Wednesday 10 June 2015

TV Opening Sequences: Scrubs

Scrubs (2001-2010)

Originality: 4/5
It doesn't surprise me at all how original this intro is just because it's created by Bill Lawrence who never does your typical intro. I love that they have all the characters essentially morphing into one another in a very fast and effective way of showing the whole cast and getting right to the point.

Theme Song: 5/5
The thing I love the most about this theme song is the fact that it fits so well with the series. The lines "I can't do this all on my own" play while the characters morph into one another while helping the patient proving that no one can do it on their own. The theme song also mentions Superman who is known for saving people so seeing that it's a medical show and hearing the words "I'm no Superman" indicates that these doctors/nurses are human and that in the end no matter how hard they try they will never be able to save everyone. It's actually a little scary how well the theme song and the intro are so cohesive which makes me wonder which one of them came first?

Informative: 5/5
In 11 seconds this intro tells you everything you need to know about the series. You see all the main cast, the setting location and that they are looking at X-rays which is successful because that's the basis of this show.

Overall Score: 93%

**Follow me on Twitter @popculturedlife for more**

No comments:

Post a Comment