Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Monday 29 February 2016

Brandon Flowers- "The Desired Effect" CD Review

Brandon Flowers- "The Desired Effect"

"A natural believers, I don't carry any bones
If you see things a little different, I'm not casting any stones
- "Dreams Come True"

Year: 2015

# of Songs: 10

Favorite Songs:
- "Dreams Come True"
- "Between Me And You"

- "Lonely Town"
- "Never Get You Right"


Least Favorite Songs:
- "Can't Deny My Love"
- "Still Want You"

Review:
Brandon Flowers (the lead vocalist of The Killers) new album "The Desired Effect" features an unusual alternative rock sound accompanied by killer vocals. This album mixes in old eras of sound (50s, 60s, 80s) throughout the different songs with beautiful written lyrics. For me, the slow songs ("Between Me And You", "Lonely Town", "Never Get You Right") are the most powerful because he has such a subtle romantic tone in his voice that flows through when he slows it down. I've never really listened to The Killers before but I'm going to give them a try which proves that this album clearly had the desired effect on me.


83% (Excellent)

**Check back every Monday for another CD Review and tweet me @popculturedlife to recommend an album for a future review**

No comments:

Post a Comment