Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Monday 20 June 2016

Notorious- First Impressions & After Trailer Thoughts

I'm doing something different this year for the Fall TV Pilots 2016. Here I will do an individual series and include my First Impressions along with my After Trailer Thoughts and finally will conclude with the Premiere Review in the fall.




Notorious (ABC- Drama)

First Impressions (based on concept):
Although I am psyched to see Piper Perabo back on TV again after Covert Affairs, with so many other shows similar in type, I'm just not sure it will get picked up. I have a feeling it will be one of those shows that because it's based on the true-life stories of two people, a lot of viewers who already know the story will be so much harsher to judge it than if they were completely fictional characters. I've seen it before with most recently Of Kings and Prophets where the public will be relentless if historical facts are changed to make for better TV.
How Excited Am I? 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest): 5


After Trailer Thoughts:
Still super psyched to see Piper Perabo in this new series and even more excited to see how awesomely strong her character is. This is what I was hoping (but didn't get) for Hayley Atwell's character in the Conviction trailer. The best part of Piper is she can bring "tough ass bitch" to her character while remaining sweet and likeable. I just hope that it has the right mix of humor, smart writing and character depth.
How Excited Am I? 1 (lowest) - 10 (highest): Rises to a 7
How Long Will It Last? If it can make it past the first season, I could see it having 4 seasons.


Episode 1- Pilot Review
Check back in the fall!



**Follow me on Twitter @popculturedlife for all my Fall TV First Impressions & After Trailer Thoughts**

No comments:

Post a Comment