Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Monday 27 June 2016

Pitch- First Impressions & After Trailer Thoughts

I'm doing something different this year for the Fall TV Pilots 2016. Here I will do an individual series and include my First Impressions along with my After Trailer Thoughts and finally will conclude with the Premiere Review in the fall.


Pitch (FOX- Drama)

First Impressions (based on concept):
Pitch "follows a young female pitcher who defies the odds when she becomes the first woman to play in the major leagues." First of all, this sounds like snoozeville. Secondly, the FOX network really features more male dominated entertainment and this series featuring a young woman as the main character would really be going out on a limb and could probably be a lot more popular on a network like WGN America or Freeform.
How Excited Am I? 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest): 5


After Trailer Thoughts:
Five seconds into the trailer and I finally understand why FOX is even trying this series. Fox airs all the Major League Baseball games and they are trying to use this series to promote the MLB and the MLB to promote this series. It's interesting to watch a series "a true story on the verge of happening" as we usually see the stories play out on TV and in the movies as "based on true events". It doesn't look as terrible as I thought the concept sounded and it looks well produced but I fear that neither of those things will help because the people who watch the MLB are not the same people who will be tuning into watch this series. It does look like Kylie Bunbury (Under the Dome, Twisted) will be fantastic in the leading role and I'm excited to see both Ali Larter (Heroes, Legends) and Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Saved By The Bell, Frankin and Bash) in supporting roles. I still say a different network would give a different (and probably more favourable) outcome to this series.
My Hopes For This Series: That it's as well written as it looks well produced.
How Excited Am I? 1 (lowest) - 10 (highest): Remains at 5
How Long Will It Last? Probably less than an MLB season.


Episode 1- Pilot Review
Check back in the fall!



**Follow me on Twitter @popculturedlife for all my Fall TV First Impressions & After Trailer Thoughts**

No comments:

Post a Comment