Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Friday 29 January 2016

Carrie Underwood- "Storyteller" CD Review

Carrie Underwood- "Storyteller" 

"Cause you think I'm brave and you think I'm beautiful
You think that I can do the impossible
You always see the best in me when I can't
I wanna be the girl you think I am"
- "The Girl You Think I Am"

Year: 2015

# of Songs: 13

Favorite Songs:
- "Heartbeat"
- "Like I'll Never Love You Again"
- "Smoke Break"
- "The Girl You Think I Am"
- "What I Never Knew I Always Wanted"

Least Favorite Songs:
- "Renegade Runaway"
- "Relapse"


Carrie Underwood released her fifth studio album Storyteller, which I was really wanted to like more then I did. Over the course of the last five albums which spans ten years you can see how much she's grown vocally and lyrically. I personally long for the songs on her original album which felt more upbeat and young like "Lessons Learned", "The Night Before", "Some Hearts", "Starts With Goodbye", etc. Storyteller features a few songs that I will add to my favorites list including "The Girl You Think I Am" which talks about a daughter longing to see herself the way her father does and "Heartbeat" which slightly brings back the original Carrie feel. Overall this album features a handful a songs I love, a few songs that I dislike and a bunch of filler songs in the middle.

79% (Good)

Previous Carrie Underwood Albums:
- Some Hearts (2005)- 97%
- Carnival Ride (2007)- 95%

- Play On (2009)- 90%
- Blown Away (2012)- 88%


**Check back every Friday for another Country Music CD Review and tweet me @popculturedlife to recommend a country album for a future review**

No comments:

Post a Comment