Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Monday 8 February 2016

Natalie Imbruglia- "Male" CD Review

Natalie Imbruglia- "Male"

"I saw goodbye in his eyes
I don't think I can change it
There's no way to disguise
We will never make it"
- "Goodbye In His Eyes

Year: 2015

# of Songs: 13

Favorite Songs:
- "Instant Crush"
- "Goodbye In His Eyes"
- "I Melt With You"

Least Favorite Songs:
- "That Summer"
- "Naked As We Come"

Overall:
This album was really a tough one to judge based on the fact that all these are cover songs previously sung by men and my opinion of the songs themselves remain unchanged after hearing the cover versions. The original singers range from Daft Punk to Cat Stevens and are just as different in genres as well as eras. This would explain why the album as a whole felt inconsistent and incohesiveNatalie released her last studio album in 2009 and I'm really hoping to her more original music from her soon.


75% (Good)

**Check back every Monday for another CD Review and tweet me @popculturedlife to recommend an album for a future review**

No comments:

Post a Comment