Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Friday 12 September 2014

Partners: Episode 1- "They Come Together" Review



Partners: Episode 1- "They Come Together"

First of all let me say just how disappointed I am in the lack of publicity surrounding this show, at least here in Canada, because there was no publicity at all. I never saw posters, didn't read about it on websites, didn't see commercials, nothing. I stumbled across it on my PVR. If you want people watching your shows, they need to know about your shows.

There wasn't very much wrong with the pilot episode. I haven't seen much of Martin Lawrence since the good ol' days of Bad Boys and Blue Streak and it was exciting to see just how well he played off Kelsey Grammer. The premise of the show is simple. Allen (Kelsey Grammer) is a lawyer that gets fired from his fathers firm. He meets up with Marcus (Martin Lawrence) in court and offers to fight for a greater divorce settlement for him. It was a laugh out loud episode and it's humor felt very Anger Management, which is a good thing and not surprising since it airs on the same network (FX). Just like Anger Management it's first season will include 10 episodes and if it gets picked up, than an additional 90 episodes will follow. 

Being that the show had such poor promotion, a low number of viewers could be its demise. I honestly believe that based on the pilot episode, it should be picked up for a second season. I'm pretty sure that this episode will be funnier than most of the fall comedy pilots I'll be watching in a few weeks. Can't wait to binge watch the next 9 already aired episodes of season one.

Grade: B+

**Follow me on twitter @popculturedlife for celebrity autographs, TV/Movie/Music/Board Game reviews and much more**

No comments:

Post a Comment