Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Wednesday 18 February 2015

The Other Woman (2014) Movie Review



The Other Woman (2014) Movie Review

Pretty much the only reason I wanted to watch this movie in the first place was to see Nikolaj Coster-Waldau play someone other than Jaime Lannister in HBO's Game of Thrones. So when Redbox offered me a free rental, I figured why not.

Mark King (Coaster-Waldau) is cheating on his wife Kate King (Leslie Mann) with Carly Whitten (Cameron Diaz) and Amber (Kate Upton) and when the ladies figure this out they decide to get even. 

There were two problems that I had with this movie:
1) It's unbelievable. Anybody who thinks that when a wife finds out about two mistresses who then all become best friends would actually happen, they are delusional. I could see the women all ganging up on the man to get even, but actually becoming lifelong best friends? No way.
2) All the potty humor. This movie is clearly aimed at women since what man wants to watch a group of women get back at a man so I'm not sure what was with the potty humor. I for one do not find vomiting, a dog pooping or diarrhea at all funny and I can't imagine most other women do. So why would you include "jokes" that women wouldn't like if it's a movie for women? Just trying to throw a bone to the husbands and boyfriends that got dragged along to see it?

If you can look past the potty humor and the unbelievable situations, then you will find yourself with a predictable chick flick. It's a popcorn movie and worth a watch if nothing else is on, or if you've got a free rental too (I'm sorry you're leaving Canada, Redbox!). And if nothing else this movie was an upgrade for Jaime Lannister who got to sleep with (at least) three women instead of his sister.

Grade: B

Follow me on twitter @popculturedlife for more reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment