Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Monday 23 March 2015

Kid Rock- "First Kiss" CD Review

Kid Rock- "First Kiss" 

"Cause it reminds me of my first kiss
And those days that I always miss
Tom Petty on the radio
Going steady with nowhere to go
No money just time to spend
An old Chevy and a couple friends"
- "First Kiss"

Year: 2015

# of Songs: 10

Favorite Songs:
- "First Kiss"
- "Johnny Cash"
- "Drinking Beer With Dad"
- "One More Song"
- "Say Goodbye"

Least Favorite Songs:
NONE!

Overall:
I cannot get over just how AMAZING this album is. I consider myself a pretty tough judge but this album had me wrapped around it's little finger from the "First Kiss". The thing is everybody grows up, everyone changes and Kid Rock is no exception. My favorite thing about Kid Rock is that his style has evolved. When I was in the junior high/high school rebel music phase, he was there with "Cowboy", "Bawitdaba", "American Bad Ass" and "Cocky" and I dug his rock/rap style. Now that I'm older, I'm in love with his softer rock/kinda country sound and his emphasis on reminiscing lyrics. I don't think there is any other artist who I feel evolved with me. That's why I have such a hard time these days listening to bands like Linkin Park or Eminem. I changed and they didn't and although I have nostalgia for their old songs, their new songs just don't affect me in the same way. Overall for me, this album is perfect and there is nothing about it I would change. I hope "First Kiss" blows up the charts because it's the best song I have heard in a long time.


100% (MUST BUY!)

**Check back every Monday for another CD review. See below for previously scored Kid Rock albums to see how this one stacks up and follow me on Twitter @popculturedlife for more**

Previous Kid Rock Albums:
Rock N Roll Jesus (2007)- 83%
Cocky (2001)- 81%
Born Free (2010)- 78%
Devil Without A Cause (1998)- 77%
Rebel Soul (2012)- 67%
Kid Rock (2003)- 64%

No comments:

Post a Comment