Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Tuesday 30 June 2015

In Honor of Social Media Day


In honor of Social Media Day (June 30) I just wanted to send out this note.

I could have never imagined the world of Social Media back when I was a kid/teenager. Back before Facebook, Twitter, blogs, Instagram and Pinterest, when I wrote something it was in a lined notebook that would never get to be shared with anybody unless I mailed it to them. The only way to get in touch with a company was to phone or mail them and the only way to get in touch with your favorite celebrity, or TV show or band was to send fan mail to them (which I did very often as a kid). Shout out to Beverly Hills 90210, 7th Heaven, Tiffani Thiessen and Sabrina the Teenage Witch for actually sending me something back. Extra thanks to The Barenaked Ladies who not only sent stuff back but hand personalized it for me! 

I could have never imagined that in my twenties, I would be able to write a blog about what I love and that people from all around the world get to read it. It's amazing that I can tweet my articles right to the celebrities or companies themselves and sometimes actually get a response or retweet back. I love that I can connect with so many different people on such a more personal level than I could years ago. 

I'm thankful for everybody who reads my blogs, favorites or retweets my articles on Twitter or +1s me on Google. I love getting new followers and being able to enjoy bands/singers/movies/board games that I wouldn't have otherwise known existed (Shout out to a few of my followers: @goingviralrocks I hope you decide to put some of your awesome music on iTunes so I can buy it, @erniehalter I am SO in love with your song "Radio" and I can't wait to listen to the whole Labor of Love album, and @anthonytullo1 your song "Ten Seconds To Sundown" is amazing and so is the music video!) Thank you to everyone who takes the time to read all the things I love to write about. 

So follow me on Twitter @popculturedlife and I WILL follow you back!


No comments:

Post a Comment