Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Tuesday 1 September 2015

Obsessions/Depressions: September Edition


Obsessions












Product: Halls
Every time I get sick, have a sore throat or start having some anxiety, I pop a Halls. Not only does it help with all previously mentioned symptoms but it also gives me an inspiring message to boost my mood! 

App: 7-11 App
I love the app for 7-11 that allows me to buy 6 drinks (I always choose slurpee's of course) and get a 7th one free. It's been such a hot summer and this has come in handy. Plus it always has deals on food or candy and usually once a week offers something completely for free when they scan your app. So worth it!
Action Figure: iZombie's Liv Moore
Super psyched to see that they are coming out with an iZombie action figure of Liv that also comes with a coffee cup, a hot sauce bottle and a brain casserole. Awesome, hilarious and ALREADY ORDERED! 


Song: "Giants" by Ella Henderson
I'm so much more obsessed with this song then her current radio single "ghosts". I love empowerment songs that give you a boost when you're down and this one is fantastic!





Depressions


Movie Remakes
There's nothing worse then watching Hollywood recycle ideas instead of inventing new ones. Everything from Jumanji to Baywatch is being remade and I'm sure it won't be for the better (how could either of them be without Robin Williams & David Hasselhoff?!). Baywatch is one of those series that I grew up watching on TV from a young age and it brings back so much nostalgia. To hear that The Rock and Zac Efron are doing a "raunchy" remake really gets under my skin. Baywatch wasn't raunchy being on a regular network channel and all but instead this movie is looking for an R rating. Why not just make the movies, name them something else and stop screwing with our childhood favorites. 

**Check back next month for my new list of Obsessions/Depressions and follow me on Twitter @popculturedlife for more**

No comments:

Post a Comment