Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Monday 1 February 2016

Carly Rae Jepsen- "Emotion" CD Review

Carly Rae Jepsen- "Emotion"

"I bet she acts so perfectly
You probably eat up every word she says
And if you ever think of me
I bet I'm just a flicker in your head"
- "Your Type"

Year: 2015

# of Songs: 15

Favorite Songs:
- "I Really Like You"
- "Your Type"

Least Favorite Songs:
- "Gimmie Love"
- "All That"
- "Making The Most Of The Night"

Overall:
After listening to the whole third studio album from Carly, I'm left feeling very underwhelmed. I don't feel like this album is quite up to par with her last few studio releases and I think more focused is put on the background music then the lyrics, which feel kind of young (especially with "Gimmie Love", "Boy Problems" and "When I Needed You"). After giving her previous album Kiss an 89%, this one just takes a major slide down the scale. Here's to hoping she can dust herself off and climb back up.


71% (Good)


Previous Carly Rae Jepson Albums:
- Kiss (2012)- 89%
- EP (2011)- 78%


**Check back every Monday for another CD Review and tweet me @popculturedlife to recommend an album for a future review**

No comments:

Post a Comment