Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Thursday 19 May 2016

Designated Survivor- First Impressions & After Trailer Thoughts

I'm doing something different this year for the Fall TV Pilots 2016. Here I will do an individual series and include my First Impressions along with my After Trailer Thoughts and finally will conclude with the Premiere Review in the fall.




Designated Survivor (ABC- Drama)


First Impressions (based on concept):
First of all, I'm glad to see Kiefer Sutherland in another starring role where he can really shine as his character gets "thrust into presidency". I think this series will do well, especially since Kiefer has a huge following from his previous show, 24. This series also stars Maggie Q (Nikita) and Kal Penn (Harold & Kumar) which I think will perfectly balance his character.
How Excited Am I? 1 (lowest) - 10 (highest): 8

After Trailer Thoughts:
Wow, this trailer looked damn good! Plus I love Kiefer Sutherland in those glasses. This series looks like it could be ABC's biggest fall hit. In addition to Maggie Q and Kal Penn, I'm also excited to see Natascha McElhone (Californication) play Kiefer's wife. I just hope this series takes it slow and banks on being well written rather than constantly action packed.
How Excited Am I? 1 (lowest) -10 (highest): Still an 8.
How Long Will It Last? Political dramas don't tend to last as long as cop/doctor shows so I give this series 6 seasons.


Episode 1- Premiere Review
Check back in the fall! 


**Follow me on Twitter @popculturedlife for all my Fall TV First Impressions & After Trailer Thoughts**

No comments:

Post a Comment