Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Wednesday 25 May 2016

The Exorcist- First Impressions & After Trailer Thoughts

I'm doing something different this year for the Fall TV Pilots 2016. Here I will do an individual series and include my First Impressions along with my After Trailer Thoughts and finally will conclude with the Premiere Review in the fall.




The Exorcist (FOX- Drama)

First Impressions (based on concept):
This "modern reinvention inspired by William Blatty's original 1971 book" will follow "two very different men tackling one family's case of horrifying demonic possession"The Exorcist is a pretty classic horror movie and I don't think that FOX is the right network to make this series all it could be. AMC's been successful with The Walking Dead, while Showtime has Penny Dreadful and WGN America has Salem so it's going to take a lot for FOX to make this series successful when they are many other networks that could have made it better.
How Excited Am I? 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest): 3


After Trailer Thoughts:
I was right when I said that FOX is the wrong network for this series as it would stand a much better chance of surviving elsewhere. It pretty much looks like a toned-down and updated version of the movie but it won't last. Also that scene where the crow flies into the window looked terribly fake. NBC's Hannibal was cancelled, A&E's Damien was cancelled and it's just a matter of time before this one will cancelled as well. It's also a terrible sign that this series will be airing on Friday nights (ironically the TV death night).
How Excited Am I? 1 (lowest) - 10 (highest): Drops down to 2
How Long Will It Last? I highly doubt it will make it past the first season. 


Episode 1- Pilot Review
Check back in the fall!



**Follow me on Twitter @popculturedlife for all my Fall TV First Impressions & After Trailer Thoughts**

No comments:

Post a Comment