Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Sunday 7 September 2014

A to Z: Episode 1- "A is for Acquaintances" Review





A to Z: Episode 1- "A is for Acquaintances" 

This review isn't going to be particularly memorable because this pilot episode wasn't particularly memorable. Don't get me wrong, it was decent enough that when it was over I wasn't asking God for my 30 minutes back. However, at the same time I also didn't set my PVR to series record, only episode record.

I have no problem with the main characters themselves. Both Andrew and Zelda come off
as friendly, likable, main characters that you want to root for. Their best friends just came off as really annoying and way over-the-top. 

It had some scenes where I was really getting into it, like at the end of the episode (though I won't mention what happens because I saw an early preview and I don't want to spoil anything for others). But it was a feel good moment. The episode also had scenes where I was ready to turn it off, like in the scene where Andrew is singing in the car and a (very bad CG looking) bee flies in his mouth and he crashes his car. I'm just not into stupid humor (Yes, first scene of Grown Ups 2, I'm taking to you and the deer!). 

I enjoyed the fact that it is narrated by Katey Sagal and the overall concept of the show which will chronicle their relationship timeline from A-Z. I am slightly worried that since the alphabet only has 26 letters, I don't know how they will continue that pattern after the first season. Though, I have a feeling they won't have to cross that bridge since that at this point in time it's not memorable enough to warrant a second season.

Grade: B-

**Follow me on twitter @popculturedlife for celebrity autographs, TV/Movie/Music/Board Game reviews and much more**

No comments:

Post a Comment