Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Monday 4 May 2015

Madonna- "Rebel Heart" CD Review

Madonna- "Rebel Heart"

"Being destructive isn't brave
They couldn't say it to my face
One day I won't care
But for the moment I'm not there"
- "Joan of Arc"

Year: 2015

# of Songs: 14

Favorite Songs:
- "Joan of Arc"

Least Favorite Songs:
- "Holy Water"

Overall:
I've always been a casual Madonna fan. I like most of her songs that top the charts (especially the ones in the 80s and 90s) but I've never been the type to have her albums play on repeat. This album is mostly club music with that electronic sound mixed with "shock pop" type lyrics (Even the album cover is using "shock pop"). The only song I really like on this album (that doesn't sound electronic) is "Joan of Arc" which is not only beautifully written but a song that everyone in this era can relate to about trying to keep it together when people try to tear you down. Although some people may say that Madonna is the queen of pop and keeps up with the times, I'd say there's an age limit to singing about drugs and sex and club life. And she's past it.


67% (Slightly Above Average)



**Check back every Monday for another CD review! See below for previously scored Madonna albums to see how this one stacks up and follow me on Twitter @popculturedlife for celebrity autographs and much more**


Previous Madonna Albums:
True Blue (1986)- 81%
Hard Candy (2008)- 61%
Ray Of Light (1998)- 58%

No comments:

Post a Comment