Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Thursday 25 August 2016

Man With A Plan- First Impressions & After Trailer Thoughts

I'm doing something different this year for the Fall TV Pilots 2016. Here I will do an individual series and include my First Impressions along with my After Trailer Thoughts and finally will conclude with the Premiere Review in the fall.
Man With A Plan (CBS- Comedy)


First Impressions (based on concept):
There's both an upside and a downside to having two well know TV actors play in the lead roles. The upside is that they will draw in the fans that watched their previous work. Matt LeBlanc is known for playing Joey from Friends and Jenna Fischer is known for playing Pam from The Office. So if you're like me and a fan of both of these actors, you're going to tune in. The downside is that the fans tuning in remember their previous characters Joey and Pam, so if they if they feel to different some viewers might be turned off. Also if Matt LeBlanc and Jenna Fischer can make their on-screen husband/wife chemistry feel authentic, I think this series could turn out great. But if they can't make it work together, it will be doomed before it even begins.
How Excited Am I? 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest): 8


After Trailer Thoughts:
Well in my first impressions I said that it would be really important for the husband/wife chemistry to feel authentic and we didn't see ANY of that in the trailer. In fact, the almost 4 and a half minute trailer was all Matt LeBlanc. Jenna Fischer had a whole two sentences. Talk about lopsided. I highly doubt this sitcom will make it considering I was pretty excited going into the trailer and now I'm just like bored. Even with the grey hair it's impossible for me not to look at Matt LeBlanc and see Joey, considering he's pretty much playing the same lazy, goofy character as in Friends.
How Excited Am I? (1- Lowest to 10- Highest): Down to 6.
How Long Will The Series Last? It won't last more than one season and I think that's pushing it.


Episode 1- Pilot Review
Check back in the fall!



**Follow me on Twitter @popculturedlife for all my Fall TV First Impressions & After Trailer Thoughts**

No comments:

Post a Comment