Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Monday 23 May 2016

A.P.B.- First Impressions & After Trailer Thoughts

I'm doing something different this year for the Fall TV Pilots 2016. Here I will do an individual series and include my First Impressions along with my After Trailer Thoughts and finally will conclude with the Premiere Review in the fall.


A.P.B. (FOX- Drama)

First Impressions (based on concept):
This series follows "a tech billionaire who purchases a troubled police precinct in the wake of a loved one's murder". Wait, can people actually buy a police precinct in real life? Wouldn't it be run by a city or federal/provincial government? As much as this concept seems very strange, Justin Kirk (Weeds) would do a fantastic job as the "tech billionaire".
How Excited Am I? 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest): 5


After Trailer Thoughts:
On the plus side, I was right about Justin Kirk doing a fantastic job with the role as well as Natalie Martinez (CSI:NY, Detroit 1-8-7) who is no stranger to playing a cop. The downside is the fact that this is pretty much a very high tech cop show. It's also not a good sign that fox opted for this series to start mid-season instead of in the fall.
How Excited Am I? 1 (lowest) - 10 (highest): Drops down to 2
How Long Will It Last? Less than one season as cop shows run rampant on TV already and this one doesn't look as good as others have already proved to be. 


Episode 1- Pilot Review
Check back in the fall!



**Follow me on Twitter @popculturedlife for all my Fall TV First Impressions & After Trailer Thoughts**

No comments:

Post a Comment