Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Thursday 16 June 2016

Lethal Weapon- First Impressions & After Trailer Thoughts

I'm doing something different this year for the Fall TV Pilots 2016. Here I will do an individual series and include my First Impressions along with my After Trailer Thoughts and finally will conclude with the Premiere Review in the fall.


Lethal Weapon (FOX- Drama)


First Impressions (based on concept):
Remember just recently when CBS tried to reboot Rush Hour and it really didn't do what they hoped it would? I fear this will be the same thing.
How Excited Am I? 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest): 3


After Trailer Thoughts:
Well, the trailer looks better than I thought it would but at the same time movies-turned-TV series don't tend to do that well and FOX is really taking a risk with not just one but three movie-turned-TV series (The Exorcist, Training Day). Honestly, I think they should have just left the Lethal Weapon name off this series because it might have done better. I didn't grow up with the original so I don't have a nostalgic attachment to it but I fear that it may be a tough pill to swallow for those who did. Also, as much as it's a positive for me that Damon Wayans is playing Danny Glover's character, I don't know if that was necessarily the right choice as the Wayans are more known for their comedic side.
How Excited Am I? 1 (lowest) - 10 (highest): Remains at 3
How Long Will It Last? I would be pretty surprised if it makes it past a first season.


Episode 1- Pilot Episode
Check back in the fall!



**Follow me on Twitter @popculturedlife for all my Fall TV First Impressions & After Trailer Thoughts**

No comments:

Post a Comment