Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Monday 19 October 2015

Ryan Bingham- "Fear And Saturday Night" CD Review

Ryan Bingham- "Fear And Saturday Night"

"So follow the roads that make you feel old and brand new
If you remain kind yet aware of the signs then you'll know what to do"
- "Broken Heart Tattoos"

Year: 2015

# of Songs: 12

Favorite Songs:
- "Broken Heart Tattoos"

Least Favorite Songs:
- "Top Shelf Drug"
- "Gun Fighting Man"


Review:
I have to say that I was really taken aback when I heard Ryan's voice for the first time on this CD. I picked this CD up because I liked the cover, it was in the country section and I'm always looking for awesome new artists. I listen to a lot of music but I don't think I've ever heard anyone with a voice this rough. He's 34 but he sounds like he's 84. It's not a bad sound, just very surprising. This CD is a mix of rock-country and folk music but I think his voice is better suited for the rock songs like "Adventures Of You And Me" and "Hands Of Time" then it is the slower songs. So many of the songs had spot-on lyrics but it was the sound that I just couldn't get into. I started to wonder when listening to "Diamond Is Too Rough" if he actually had written that song about his rough sounding voice. In the end this album isn't for everyone and the rough sound of his voice will either make you love it or hate it.


64% (Slightly Above Average)

**Check back every Friday for another Country Music CD Review and tweet me @popculturedlife to recommend a country album for a future review**

No comments:

Post a Comment