Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Friday 6 March 2015

Repeat After Me: Episode 2 Review


Repeat After Me: Episode 2 Review

Somehow my dumb PVR started taping the series starting at episode 2 and not episode 1. Luckily for me though this episode featured my girl-crush Kristen Bell as well as Michael Bolton and Justin Bieber. Although this concept has been done to death with celebrities pranking real people (Punk'd, Deal With It) it depends on how compelling each celebrity is with their scenario as to if they can pull it off or not.

My favorite thing about Kristen Bell is that she really puts it all out there. She's not shy, not afraid to embarrass herself and that's what makes her a fantastic celebrity for this show (and just a fantastic celebrity in general!). The best part of her sketch was where she tells the (painting hanger?) to bring the picture of her husband closer to her where she proceeds to kiss it and then french kiss it. This girl is pure comedy gold!

I did enjoy Michael Bolton's scene where he talks into a banana like a cell phone and serenades an orange in the grocery store with his song "When A Man Loves A Woman". I especially love seeing how the person took out her camera right away and tried to get him on video or in pictures. My only problem with this scenario is that the fact that had I been at that grocery store, I wouldn't have known who he was. I'm in my twenties and I can honestly say I would have thought he was just some old guy taking out his mid-life crisis on the fruit. 

Justin Bieber's sketch was my least favorite only because it came off slightly creepy that he kept "hitting on" this old lady who was trying to teach him to bowl. She had no clue what was going on but I'm pretty sure any younger person would have clued in. The best part was when he would walk right up to the bowling lane and just drop the ball. Plus I could totally see Justin making a documentary called "Bieber Be Ballin'".

Overall, it was better than I expected though I have to say that I'm not quite sold on Wendi- McLendon-Covey just yet. She comes across more awkward than most hosts and doesn't seem to know how to interact with people as skillfully as she should. Plus I just can't get use to her regular hair (The Goldbergs RULES!). I think the network should have waited on airing this because it's more of a summer show and it will get lost in among all the regular series still airing new episodes. 

B

**Follow me on twitter @popculturedlife for celebrity autographs, TV/Movie/Music/Board Game reviews and much more**

No comments:

Post a Comment