Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Wednesday 22 April 2015

TV Opening Sequences: Blossom


Blossom (1990-1995)

Originality: 4/5
The upside to this intro is that it's very original and I feel like every girl (no matter her age) has many facets to her personality which can be related to in the outfit she wears while dancing. The downside is that the outfits do date the intro. 

Theme Song: 5/5
The theme song is one of my favorites and matches very well with the intro because they are both so upbeat and fun. I bet that if people heard this song without the video they would get up and dance, which is exactly the intro. I also try and use the word "opinionation" whenever I can because I love the word and the strange looks I get when I use it. 

Informative: 1/5
Although I love both the originality of this intro and the theme song, it's not the least bit informative as to what this show is about besides a young girl. You learn nothing about her, nothing about her family but you do learn that she has a thing for large hats, so there's that.

Overall Score: 67%

**Follow me on Twitter @popculturedlife for celebrity autographs and much more**

PS: I would love to know how long it took Mayim to learn the dance and if she still knows it now. I would also love to see a joke in a Big Bang Theory episode in relation to one of Blossom's old hats. That would be epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment